Friday, November 27, 2015

Colored Pencils


Assignment: Find some items with great color and practice your skills. Break 3 pages into half-page illustrations each. Please remember to use the skills we learned in shape, form, mass, and volume to ensure that we are grounding our forms (not letting them float in space), and are paying proper attention to light, shadow, reflected light, and reflected shadows, etc.
 

 
 
 
My first drawing became a mixed media. I did not like how light the colors were so I added chalk pastels, and water colors. For the rest of the assignment I tried really hard to stick to pencils only. I ended up buying some Prismacolor pencils because mine were so hard I almost ripped the paper. Lesson learned: the softer the pencils the better the color vibrancy, and the coverage. They do not break easier just because they are softer.



No comments:

Post a Comment