Friday, November 27, 2015

Complex Shapes

Assignment: Create a composition with complex shapes. This still life should use a minimum of 5 items with complex shapes.
 
 
I went to a church in Raleigh with my drawing materials and sketch pad (my kids have Sunday school there), and while waiting I decided to do some work. I was not sure what to draw, and there it was right in front of me already set up for me ...the complex shape still life. I quickly snapped a picture of it because I knew that I would not be able to complete it in two hours, and started drawing. Here is the final result. I have used the usual materials so far: charcoal (compressed and vine), graphite pencil, eraser + something new - sharpie pen for some fine details, and dry erase marker for the thick black lines on the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment