Friday, November 27, 2015

Cross Contour

Assignment: Using your cross-contour technique, draw 4 separate images with clearly defined mass and volume. Use whatever materials or methods you prefer for this. Each image should be different.
 

I am finally getting more comfortable with the use of charcoal, thanks to this assignment. One thing that I have just realized was that I was forgetting to use the paper stumps. I was having a hard time to blend the charcoal and get sharp lines. Now I know why. Paper stumps are great they saved me a ton of trouble using the eraser. Another thing that I have realized is that I really liked having the background set at a certain value and then add highlights and shadows to get the finished look. This exercise was awesome, and I have learned more and got more comfortable with the mediums.

No comments:

Post a Comment