Friday, November 27, 2015

Landscapes

Assignment: Find 4 locations to draw landscapes from (these can be both urban and rural, but not imaginary). For each landscape, please use a whole page from your sketchbook. Take care and plan ahead if you know some great locations, but also don't forget to consider the different essences of the landscapes you are choosing.



 

I began sketching the landscapes, and I just could not stop myself of using color. All of the pictures for these were taken in Bulgaria (my home country). I have used graphite pencil for outlining, chalk pastels, and colored pencils, as well as newly discovered media - gouache paint. I usually use acrylic paint for my colored work, but decided to use something closer to water color. The gouache paint has great coverage without the shine of the acrylic. I have found it to be very versatile, and I like that it can still be diluted with water even after it dries up. The chalk pastels act a lot like compressed charcoal. They are very easy to blend, combine colors, and great for background. Harder to erase.
The work is not finished yet, just wanted to hear your opinions. Thanks!

1. Fall on a mountain road.
2. Christmas trees in Rodopa mountain
3. Black sea coast near my house in Bulgaria
4. Sea view (I went a little crazy with the colors on this one, just wanted to add more vibe to it)









No comments:

Post a Comment